A web-based, episodic adventure story in a fantasy world with an accompanying soundtrack.
- Google Docs
- Hemingway App
- This site (for publishing final versions)
- SONAR Home Studio (DAW)
- Roli Seaboard Block (MIDI Controller)
- Edifier R1280T Speakers
- A ton of free VSTs
The "elevator pitch" for the story:
The Grand Adventures of Pip Rogers chronicles the journey of a bold, feline youth throughout the exotic and diverse seas of Rijeka as she strives to become a Captain in the Council’s Navy. Face to face with an impending war, her militant attitude is checked by the good-natured captain of The Spirit of the Arrow, the ship that she works on.
Pip’s struggle to shape her future is guided by and, ultimately, entangled in the individual journeys of the unconventional crew under the command of the enthusiastic and tenacious Captain Crawford. In an unexpected turn of events, Pip and the crew find themselves on the front line of the anti-war effort. Confronted with a conflict between country, friendship, and inner-demons, Pip and the crew begin to realize that their actions will not only determine their futures but the fate of the war itself.
- Set personal goals for a creative endeavor and am sticking to them
- Outlined the story arcs and didn't just start writing
- Created character profiles with motivations and flaws
- Created some branding for the story
- Begun development of my first real music "album" (even if it's just a soundtrack :P)
Thanks for checking this out! Want updates about new posts?
Wishing you all the best,